NEXT MATCH : Serie A Italia : Crotone vs Juventus, 9 February 2017, 00.00 WIB (8 February 18.00 CET)

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Browse: Home / / / / Marchisio: ‘Roma are our rivals’

Marchisio: ‘Roma are our rivals’


Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio believes “our biggest rivals are Roma”, but praises Napoli too.

The Bianconeri have won the Scudetto for the past five seasons in a row, and lead by four points after 11 games of the current campaign.

“Looking at the table I’d say our biggest rivals are Roma,” Marchisio said in an interview with JTV.

“Napoli have a good squad though, and despite the sale of [Gonzalo] Higuain they can make up the ground, because there are still a lot of matches to play.

“Roma drew with Empoli, but they’re playing well. How you play is fundamental, but in the end the important thing is to get three points at home.”

Marchisio has only just returned to the squad after a cruciate ligament injury, and was not risked from the start in Saturday’s win over Napoli.

“I’ve been out for a long time and I had a huge desire to get back on the pitch. I want to convey that to the team.

“I want to give my all, I’m really fired-up and I want to transmit that to my teammates. It’s not easy to play every three days, and it’s inevitable there can be a slight decrease in motivation.

“I’ve just come back, I’ve had a positive start but I know with this type of injury there can be periods of decline.

“It’s important to work well and always be at the maximum.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...